RU # 9962
Nationally accredited by the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission (CARF), Gulf Coast Jewish Family & Community Services has 600 full and part-time employees providing services in 32 counties. We have offices in Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, Polk, Sarasota, Lee, Alachua, Volusia, Orange, Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. Publicly supported programs are organized under the agency's Gulf Coast Community Care division, while services to Pinellas County's Jewish population are under the agency's Jewish Family Services division.
Description: The Staff Accountant will be responsible for contract billings, account analysis, budgets, journal entries and act as program staff liaison between finance, program and funders.
Primary responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
* Responsible for all required financial reporting per contracts.
* Reconcile contract billing to general ledger activity including accounts receivable.
* Maintain position controls for grant and review HR and payroll forms.
* Review expenditure requests and provide guidance to program / approving personnel.
* Assist with funder annual monitoring visits.
* Assist with preparation of company annual budgets.
* Work with Grants department by preparing grant proposal budgets and budget narratives as necessary.
* Prepare and enter monthly journal entries.
* Assist as needed with monthly general ledger closing.
* Reconcile other general ledger accounts as assigned.
* Assist with audit work papers for annual audit as assigned.
* Work with program staff in understanding financials and provide monthly analysis memos.
Qualifications: Qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, along with at least three (3) years accounting experience. Must have knowledge of accounting procedures and reconciling balance sheet accounts. Strong communication skills required.
Local Candidates Only
We offer an excellent benefits package for all full time employees which includes 120 hours (3 weeks) accrued PTO and 10 paid holidays per year. Accrued PTO may be used after completion of ninety (90) days of employment. Medical, dental,vision LTD, STD, Life and 403B.
EEO DFWP MFVD • Smoke Free Work Place
Visit us online at: http://gulfcoastjewishfamilyandcommunityservices.org/